Coming Steps


One day I hope to look back on this blog and see dozens, if not hundreds, of articles covering a variety of different topics. Perhaps with enough practice (which is really all this blog is), I may become good enough to contribute to an established publication, who knows where this may lead. 

I initially thought that I would simply write about whatever came to mind as I sit down at the laptop. While I'm sure I will encounter it at some point, I've very rarely had difficulty with any sort of writer's block or "fearing the blank screen". 

However, given my research so far, I know it's a far better idea to have a plan. Or perhaps "outline" is the more appropriate word. 

So having sat down with a pen and notepad, I've identified some areas I would enjoy writing about and perhaps others would enjoy reading about.

* Bad-Ass People

* Motivational Speeches

* Extreme Challenges

* Fitness Challenges

* Records

* Book

* Psychology

* Practical methods & advice

* Bad-Ass Places

* My own thoughts, feelings & experiences. 

I'm sure the list will change here and there, but I think that would give me lots of scope to write in different ways and will provide a varied and interesting read. 

In a previous post, I mentioned that there was nothing original about me. That's not a bad thing. I have so many role models that I almost seem to have become a collector of sorts. 

As it's top of the list, here are a list of some bad-asses, some famous, some not so famous, that have gone out into the world and proved themselves in a variety of different ways. Also, as a by-product of this blog is to motivate as many people as possible, I have made sure to list the same number of male & female bad-assess from each field.

1. Christopher Lee - Actor, Musician, WWII RAF Intelligence

2. Gal Gadot - Actress, Miss Israel, Israel Defence Force

3. Usain Bolt - World's Fastest Man

4. Florence Griffith Joyner - World's Fastest Woman

5. David Goggins - Navy Seal, US Air Force, Ultra Marathon Runner, Author

6. Mary Jennings Heger - US Air Force, Political Candidate, Author

7. Ross Edgely - Extreme adventurer, ultra long distance sea swimmer

8. Michellie Jones - Triathlon & Ironman Champion

9. Kobe Bryant - NBA Champion, NBA MVP, Olympic Gold Medallist

10. Diana Taurasi - WNBA Champion, WNBA MVP, Olympic Gold Medallist

11. Kai Greene - Champion Bodybuilder

12. Rene Campbell - Champion Bodybuilder

13. Muhammed Ali - World Champion Boxer

14. Ronda Rousey - Mixed Martial Artist, UFC Champion

15. Brian Shaw - 4x World's Strongest Man

16. Donna Moore - 3x World's Strongest Woman

17. Herbert Nitsch - Freediving World Record Champion

18. Tanya Streeter - Woman's Freediving World Record Champion

19. Wim Hof - Extreme cold endurance athlete

20. Cath Pendleton - Extreme cold swimmer

21. J.R.R Tolkien - Author of The Lord Of The Rings

22. J. K. Rowling - Author of Harry Potter


The internet seems to enjoy lists. I enjoyed putting this one together. I have no idea who will be the first I write about, but I'm looking forward to it. 

Maybe I should be ending each article with some sort of catchy bad-ass slogan?

Stay bad-ass?

Keep working?

Never give up?

Maybe all three?


Who knows. Either way, that's my task here done. 

Comments